Why Choose Ashwood ...
A 7 year old boy waits impatiently for news from the vet.
The look on his face is intense. His name is Paddy. He is deeply worried.
Just an hour ago he had been playing with Apple, his collie/retriever cross when she jumped over a fence. She didn't see the stick until it was too late.
Now, all Paddy can do is wait...
Finally, Margaret emerges from behind closed doors. She has a smile on her face. Apple is a bit tender, but she's going to be fine after she's fully healed in a week or two.
From that moment, Paddy knew he would be a vet, and today along with the team at Ashwood Vets, he looks after the family pets of other children (and adults too).
And Margaret, who saved his lovely Apple, works with him.
Because of these early experiences, we know what it is to be worried for your family's beloved pet when he or she is with us.
That's why we created The Ashwood Promise...
You and Your Pet
- We will treat your pet with care, as if they were our own.
- We will listen to your concerns.
- Every pet needing surgery will receive effective pain relief.
- Every pet needing a general anaesthetic will be closely monitored.
- We will help you, if your pet needs home medication.
- Every pet staying overnight in hospital enjoys aromatherapy and will have a choice of Cool FM or Classic FM. They will have a treatment plan with appropriate checks/medications and be monitored using the hospital cameras as needed.
Treatment Options and Costs
- We will discuss with you the treatment options available for your pet, our patient. We recognise there is often a choice of ways forward with differing costs.
- We will always recommend the best treatment options in the best interests of your pet.
- We will never suggest a treatment or procedure which we do not think is in the best interests of your pet.
- We will never put you under pressure to take any treatment option you are not comfortable with. We will discuss all options openly with you and reach a joint decision on the treatment plan and we try to give clear guidance as to the expected costs of any proposed treatments.
When you come here, you are part of our family too.
If you expect your vet to care for your pet like they were their own, then we’d love to welcome you to our family.
Thanks for reading,
Patrick McKee. (You can read here how the rest of our team came to work with animals. Margaret’s story is there too.)
PS The boy in the picture isn't actually me, but looks a bit like me; I'm still looking for a picture of me looking worried aged seven