Last Updated: 24/05/2018
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding cookies and how we use them when you visit our site.
Our Data Retention Policy: You can find out how long we may hold onto your personal information at https://ashwoodvets.com/data-retention-policy.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or, if you prefer to call or write to us, then you can find our contact details at the bottom of this page.
Who We Are
What Is A Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are widely used throughout the Internet in order to make sites or other online services work or to be better or more efficient. They can do this because sites and other online services can read and write to the cookies stored on your computer, enabling them to recognise you and remember important information that will make your use of them more convenient, for example, by remembering your preferences, username, or the items you placed in a shopping cart.
If you consent to us storing cookies on your computer or other electronic device then you agree that we can store and access cookies as described in this policy.
How You Consent To Us Placing Cookies
We place cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can change your cookie settings within your browser settings.
If you do not want us to place cookies on your machine, please adjust your browser settings.
The duration of the cookies that we may place on your computer can be found in our Data Retention Policy https://ashwoodvets.com/data-retention-policy.
There are four different categories of cookies that we use on our site:
- Analytical/performance cookies: Performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies also allow us to see overall patterns of usage on our site and help us record any difficulties you may have with our site.
- Functionality cookies: In some circumstances we may use functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site or provide enhanced and more personalised features, for example, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language, region, or regional veterinary practice).
- Targeting cookies: We and our service providers and partners may use targeting or advertising cookies to record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. For example, we may use targeting or advertising cookies to limit the number of times you see the same ad and to help measure the effectiveness of any campaigns. We may also use this information to make our site and any advertising (if applicable) displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
If you would like more information about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt-out of these by changing settings on your computer, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Cookies We Use
Some of the cookies we use are:
- Google Analytics: The cookies used by Google Analytics are used to collect information about how you use our site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. The cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages that they visited. You can read more about Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding your data at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Some of the cookies we use are:
- Facebook: To show you relevant content and promotional messages.
- Google Search Adwords: To show you relevant content and promotional messages.
- LinkedIn: To show you relevant content and promotional messages.
- Twitter: To show you relevant content and promotional messages.
- Vethelpdirect.co.uk: To give you the option to review your experience with us.
- Active Campaign: To send you emails.
How Do I Control Cookies?
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. You may also delete any cookies stored on your computer at any time.
You can find out more about changing cookie settings on your computer by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
How Long Is Cookie Information Stored?
Different cookies may be stored for different periods of time. In many cases these cookies are updated automatically each time you visit our site or may expire and be deleted by your computer automatically. It is important to understand that when a cookie is placed on your computer it will reside on your hard drive until it expires and is deleted or it may reside on your hard drive until you manually delete it – this entirely depends on your individual browser settings and we do not have control over this.
The duration cookies that we may place on your computer can be found in our Data Retention Policy https://ashwoodvets.com/data-retention-policy.
Please remember that you can delete or change the way in which you store cookies on your computer at any time.
More About Your Privacy